Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels from high-speed computer printers and other peripherals. Duties involve operation of personal computer equipment for most of the daily assignment. Duties may also involve occasional stooping, crawling and lifting of up to 50 lbs. in order to install or check various hardware devices and cabling. Also must be able to climb ladders. Occasional travel to various worksites may also be required, depending on assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provide first-level support to credit union employees, including taking direction from other members of the department as necessary.
- Answer Information Technology Department telephone lines, log support issues, and route calls to appropriate personnel.
- Enter and assign support requests and projects in the appropriate system for future reference and reporting.
- Assist in opening new branch locations.
- Proactively seek internal and external training to better serve the credit union and support the Information Technology Department.
- Travel to branches for specific support issues and/or regularly scheduled branch visits.
- Present a positive image of the credit union through a professional appearance and courteous attitude.
- Assist in monitoring, troubleshooting, and completion of daily and nightly processing outside of normal business hours.
- Maintain confidentiality in all credit union and member matters.
- Available for on-call duty which could include twenty-four hour duty, nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Follow safety and security rules and regulations.
- Complete Teller and Member Service Associate training to become familiar with front office operations.
- Support general issues and requests for Credit Union and third party software.
- Travel to branches for scheduled visits, or as support issues arise.
- Maintain and develop procedures to improve efficiency and consistency.
- Participate in projects as assigned.
- Assist in troubleshooting and recreating issues. Communicate issue resolution progress to appropriate Credit Union employees.
- Manage current knowledge of computer technology and suggest new types of equipment or operational methods.
- Upgrade and replace hardware and software as necessary.
- Proactively seek knowledge from other members of the department to improve internal support, assist as backup during vacations, and increase efficiency of the department.
- Assist other members of the Information Technology Department.