- Establish new member relationships, opening appropriate consumer and deposit accounts based on financial needs.
- Retain and build existing member relationships using a consultative approach. Advise members of relevant products and services.
- Provide account servicing and maintenance. Assist with problem resolution for members, in accordance with established procedures and regulations. For more complex transactions, transition member to remote service.
- Process transactions efficiently and accurately while using transaction detail to ascertain additional needs. Transaction processing time is used to determine if member needs are being met.
- Instruct members as appropriate on products/services to ensure maximum benefit, use and comfort.
- Ensure required documentation is completed thoroughly and accurately. Should a deficiency be identified later, follow up quickly with member to resolve.
- Promote benefits of self-service banking (e.g., e-ATMs, on-line banking, mobile banking) to members.
- Assist members with obtaining consumer loan products by accepting loan applications and partnering with direct lending team to facilitate member funding.
- Identify qualified referrals and transition member to the appropriate referral partner (e.g., investments, mortgage, small business).
- Stay abreast of all current and developing products/services offered to members and, when possible, utilize all credit union services in order to assist members effectively.
- Complete defined on-boarding process to ensure enhanced member experience.
- Continually survey branch to ensure zones are functioning and adequately supplied.
- Perform branch specific duties including, but not limited to, balancing vault, managing recyclers and coin machine, processing night deposits, ordering/preparing currency, completing audit duties, and assisting with opening/closing branch as scheduled.
- Actively embrace the universal associate concept. Support fellow employees, adapt to modifications promptly, promote a positive team environment in the branch, and work with branch associates to meet goals.
- Accept responsibility and accountability for achieving team goals and completing team tasks.
- Skillfully question prospective and existing members to determine current and future financial needs.
- Match products/services of the credit union with the needs of the member.
- Convert member financial problems into solutions.
- Move seamlessly within the branch from service transactions to product conversations as branch demand dictates.
- Recognize and respond to fluctuations in branch traffic.
- Demonstrate unwavering integrity, ensuring member commitments are honored.
- Appreciate and understand diverse needs of broad member base.
- Serve as passionate member advocate.
- Wholeheartedly embrace the values of Meritrust – Integrity, Safe & Secure, Courage, Leadership, Passion, Teamwork – to ensure the profitability and success of the organization.
- Recognize and convey what sets Meritrust apart from other financial institutions.
- Communicate information to members and teammates in a clear and concise manner by listening carefully, asking clarifying questions, and adapting style and information for each interaction.
Relationship Builder Proactive Problem Solver Effective Listener
Service Champion Flexible Compelling Communicator
Team Player Energetic/Engaging Respectful
Results Oriented Resilient Optimist Forward Thinking