The Knowledge Management Specialist (KMS) is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the day-to-day operations of Meritrust’s enterprise Knowledge Management System (Archer). Process documentation and enhancement experience will be vital competencies in this role, along with an understanding of credit union products, services, and process flow among departments.
The KMS position will help and support all departments of Meritrust, including, but not limited to: Operations, Lending, Compliance, Information Technology, Accounting, Human Resources, and Talent and Development.
• Assist in the communication of operational information.
• Provide support for organization projects from a knowledge management perspective.
• Work with all areas of the organization to facilitate the documentation of processes, workflows, and policy creation.
• Review enterprise-wide processes and make recommendations for efficiency improvements.
• Research, conduct due diligence, oversee implementation of, and perform ongoing management of the knowledge management system.
• Conduct and coordinate routine reviews to ensure policies and procedures are current and relevant.
• Ensure proper notification of policy and procedure changes to the appropriate department leaders, Operations Department, and/or the Director of Communications
• Work with Project Management to document new processes, products, and services.
• Create and train all levels of employees on the use of the knowledge management system.
• Continually look for ways to improve the functionality of the knowledge management system.
• Design, configure, and maintain updates to the knowledge management system. Coordinate with the IT department for updates.
• Assist with Business Continuity documentation and manage the BCP module in the knowledge management system.
• Cross train with and be prepared to back up and provide assistance to all areas of the Risk Department, including Quality Assurance, Support Services, Compliance, and Fraud.
• Scan all documentation received from branches, which includes, but is not limited to:
o All loan documentation (real estate loans require thinning of the file)
o All deposit documentation
o Tax documents
o Paid invoices
o Documents from other departments such as Special Accounts, Accounting, and the Contact Center
• Ensure all scanned documentation is retrievable.
• Process document retrieval requests in a timely manner.
• Assist with DocuSign administration and coordinate with other departments to implement new documents to be used for electronic signatures.
• Suggest and implement efficiencies for electronic archiving of documents.
• Assist Quality Assurance Manager and Quality Team Lead with record retention duties to ensure documentation is scanned and retrievable, but also to ensure documents are destroyed in accordance with the destruction log.
• Other projects as assigned by supervisor.